» Carriage Bolts - Bolt Products
Carriage Bolts - Bolt Products
Carriage Bolts from Bolt Products
Carriage Bolts Carriage bolts are mostly used in wood, and are also known as plow bolts. They have a domed top and a square under the head. The carriage bolt square pulls into the wood as the nut is tightened for a very secure fit.
Domed top with square under head.
Available in a variety of diameters, carriage bolts are a common choice for any job. Carriage bolts are made from a variety of materials and different grades of steel to accommodate the abundance of applications in which they are used. Below are a few of the most common types of carriage bolts.
Other bolt types available from Bolt Products, Inc: :
- Zinc-plated bolts: Moderate protection against rust.
- Steel grade 5 bolts: Medium carbon steel; used in high-strength automotive applications.
- Stainless steel 18-8 bolts: This material of choice for exterior and marine applications is produced from an alloy of steel with a high corrosion resistance.
- Silicone bronze bolts: Used in wood boat building this alloy of copper has better strength and corrosion resistance than brass.
- Hot dipped galvanized bolts: Much more corrosion resistant than zinc-plated. These thick coated carriage bolts work with galvanized nuts for exterior use in the coastal areas.
| • Anchor bolts || - extended connections with handle |
| • Flange bolts || - ridge around the bolt head |
| • Hex bolts || - hex head of various materials |
| • Hex tap bolts || - trimmed hex head with no flange |
| • Lag bolts || - screw like pointed end |
| • Machine bolts || - fine or coarse threads |
| • Metric bolts || - available in Hex/Standard/Flange type |
| • Shoulder bolts || - allow slide or pivot |
| • Square neck bolts || - square or domed top with square under head |
No matter what bolt type you require please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-423-6503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.